Trademark Strategy: Fighting Knock-offs, Counterfeits & Brand Abuse
Companies like Nike and Adidas, as well as professional sports leagues like the National Football League, Major League Baseball, National Hockey League and National Basketball Association are constantly fighting what seems to be a losing battle when it comes to keeping counterfeits off Amazon and other online platforms. If Nike and the NFL have trouble, what chance does a smaller company have? What are the primary considerations a brand owner must keep in mind? What are the best practices in the global fight against counterfeits?
- Amazon’s Counterfeit Problem is a Big One—for Shareholders, Brand Owners and Consumers
- Dangerous Counterfeits Becoming More Difficult to Avoid
- Senators Discuss Counterfeits at GIPC, INTA Forum for World IP Day
- Counterfeit NFL jerseys highlight issues of fake apparel from China
- The Rise of Counterfeit Products on Facebook
- Counterfeit and pirated physical products valued at nearly half a trillion dollars
About MCLE Credit
MCLE applications pending in Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Virginia.
Other states require attending attorneys to complete a form requesting credit. Some states, such as Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Washington require attorneys to submit an application for approval of courses taken out of state. These states sometimes require the application to be submitted immediately following the completion of the CLE activity, please check the requirements in your state.